[Reader-list] Trying to FIX EFFECTS never works. One must FIX CAUSES.

Emily Cragg chaiyah at hardynet.com
Tue Dec 25 02:19:59 IST 2001

RE: "Endorse the Anti-Capitalist Call for WEF Protests"

Describing classical laissez-faire EFFECTS does nothing to REWORD OR REWORK our economic principles from the ground UP, to create a more just society.

What is MISSING from these writings is a prototype of LAW that will result in LESS exploitation, LESS top-down control and LESS double-dealing than we have now. What is missing from the Articles of the US Constitution are both WISDOM and ACCOUNTABILITY.

Americans deserve to KEEP WISE Laws and policies that work to the benefit of the Greatest Number. Deregulation must not be permitted to arbitrarily ransack the middle class values this nation holds dear, at the initiation and behest of the already-Rich.

Without providing a means to ACCOUNT FOR  and improve relationships, protestors are simply BATTING AT THE AIR.

We have to begin somewhere. So, let's begin with the people who have--hands-down--been some of the most successful entrepreneurs and professionals in the world--the Jewish people [like it or not]. The Jewish people have been unusually successful in their materialistic pursuits. Let's begin by taking a draft of their Laws, because they WORK. Sure! We're going to have to do some editing! So? Even Hemmingway needed a good Editor!

Jewish public health, hygiene and business law are contained in http://www.jewfaq.org/613.htm

May I suggest, as a prototype of Good LAW, you go to the 613 mitzvot of the Jewish Law Covenant. Leave out/EDIT OUT all references to stoning and capital punishment,  references to "2 sets of dishes" or "different measures" or "this way for us and a different way for Goyim," and sift through what's LEFT.

Perhaps we can use the Mosaic Law's principles of public health, hygiene, and business prototypical laws to create a workable economic alternative, to classical capitalism.

Capitalism only rewards people who are compulsive and obsessive about work AND who adhere to a strict "buddy system" for maintaining and perpetuating advantages.

Penalties for globalization fall most heavily on creative--non-assertive--people. Workers who live by occasional creativity, bursts of energy followed by times of rest, lack of interest in bureaucratic details--are all completely helpless and powerless in a globalized economy. And there is no intention--EVER--to adapt the globalized marketplace to accommodate seasonal or occasional workers. They're OUT, forever. There will NEVER be ANY safety nets for artisans, gardeners, craftspeople, writers, poets or artists. No company will EVER pay their insurance premiums. WHY IS THIS CALLED 'Justice'?

Whereas, Law based on human, entrepreneurial and agrarian relationships provides the floor on top of which, artisans and creative workers have subsistence and then go on to do their best work unhindered by phoney bureaucrats asking dumb questions--why for instance--they only "work" four months out of the year. Get my drift?

Let's get POSITIVE about change. Otherwise, we are simply accused of being a bunch of whiners and complainers without having any positive alternatives to present.

It's a sad commentary on education, that it has pandered to cultural IGNORANCE OF LAW and the effects of Law on society, at every level. Teachers appear to be among the most cowardly of all the professions, refusing to "stick out their necks" even to teach about Trust, Integrity, Honesty, Fair Play, Justice, not to mention, Cooperation. Why Law is not taught in every school beginning at the 1st grade, is a total mystery to me, a teacher.

Introduction, by Jai.sen at vsnl.com,

> After they discovered that the anarchists and like minded people
> do not stop the struggle because of September the 11th - 9.11
> and especially as the anarchists and others of the region anounced
> the Wef meeting as a project, they could not left the scene for our
people....

> Following the sample of our calls is a description
> of their, which of course does not mention the
> organization under way of our people. (Nor does it
> give our people the credit for the previous struggles
> against the WEF in Swisserland that forced it to move
> to NY.)
>
> (en) Endorse the Anti-Capitalist Call for WEF Protests
> http://www.ainfos.ca/01/nov/ainfos00506.html
> (en) US, GLOBALIZING JUSTICE: A Call for a National Student Mobilization
Against the WEF