[Reader-list] Some solidarity ideas apart from head scarf day
Jo and Tarun
jotarun at yahoo.co.uk
Fri Oct 5 18:35:20 IST 2001
I was pretty taken in by the Head Scarf Day idea, and am suggesting some more for your comradely/sisterly and all the lys consideration
1. Ghoonghat day - all of us put on ghoonghat as it is about purity and shame for hindu woman
2. Woman not out in market day - solidarity with women whose proper place is home
3. Arranged marriage day - This is what easterners are supposed to do
4. Upper caste not touching the lower caste day - Caste system is the corner stone of Hinduism
5. Man never cooks (every)day- to show solidarity with the traditional men who feel alienated from the new(?) man
6. Moral Police day - we hit every woman/man whose morals we don't like, with a stick, 1 feet 11 inches long.
7. Sacred Thread day - All of us wear sacred thread except for non-brahmins, women, non-hindus, and proclaim the sacred duties of Brahmin to legislate for the whole world
8.. Liberal hearts bleeding day - we go along with everything oppressive only because they are non-western or traditional or anti-secular or anti modern or anti-american
If luther blisset is reading this, then mr. blisset your idea of having no hizab day is completely stupid and reactionary, prepare for intellectual siberia for this radical crime.
Do You Yahoo!?
Get your free Yahoo! address at Yahoo! Mail: UK or IE.
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the reader-list