[Reader-list] re; comments on "poem"

tarunksaint tarunksaint at sify.com
Wed Apr 10 13:24:07 IST 2002

List moderator, others,
The obnoxious comments directed at a person who is not a recipient of this list (the author of the poem "For Papa') are unacceptable to me as a contributor to this list. The person concerned cannot respond to the ugly and motivated innuendo directed at her; nor did she engage in the egregious posturing and self-promotion that has been on display on this list for some time (the poem was forwarded by me). The smutty tone and quasi-pornographic drift of this contributor's previous postings, with their pretentious attempts to display familiarity with serious academic debates renders his attack suspect in any case.

To me, as a member of the academic community, and a teacher,  this kind of personalised slander, with its peeping tom overtones, represents the worst sort of tendency in the university, and by extension this community. If the list is to be hijacked by such puny and frustrated intellects, so be it.
The least one expects is an apology-- in the meantime, I withdraw myself from the Sarai list.

Regards,
Tarun K. Saint
Department of English ,
Hindu College