[Reader-list] transnational tele-talk

:bea:: bea at nungu.com
Wed Oct 23 20:47:19 IST 2002

any comments?

:::::::::::::::::::::::

imo = indian male operator
anmc = american [nebraska] male client

[imo] Hello, can I speak to Kurstel Kursetel

[anmc] That¹s nowhere near close to my name but I guess that¹s close enough,
I guess.  What¹s up

[imo] How¹re you doing today?

[anmc]Fucking shitty

[imo] Additionally we can offer you a two month subscription to any three of
your favourite magazines.  You can choose from a list that includes the
best-selling magazines.  We have er eight    500 magazines.

[anmc] I can just about guarantee that they don¹t have the magazines I want.
You got anything with dirt bikes or four wheelersŠ

[imo] Yes,uh, we have on four wheelers.

[anmc] Do you, really.  Not four, not urh four wheeler off-road cuz that¹s
a, that¹s a truck magazine.

[imo] Uh, truck magazine, we got uh, I got Car and Driver, Automobile, Four
Wheeler, Hot Road, Hot Road BikeŠwhat that do.  do you like something on
jeep?  Total jeep experience.  Monster Trend, Motorcycling Cruiser.

[anmc] No, I like uh Four Wheel, 8GV action, 8GV sport, I like motorcross
actionŠI like dirt rider and I like motor cross action

[imo] Alright.  Let me search for youŠI got some MX Racer,

[anmc] Arrrhhhh, that¹s pretty cool.

[imo] Alright.  And your next two options would be?  Do you like something
on uh sports truck, sports truck?

[anmc] No, not really.

[imo] How about car racing, stop car racing?

[anmc] No. do you have er oh man

[imo] Would  you like some thing on sport

[anmc] No no im not not really a sports manŠ you should see my garage you
should see what im into I¹ve got three bikes, two four wheelers, two four
wheelers,

[imo] Oh?

[anmc] Two dirt bikes and I used to have three three wheelers and a couple
other dirt bikes as well but I sold them so

[imo] Right so how about sending you something on four wheelers

[anmc] Sure

[imo] AlrightAnd your third option would be. Sir do you use a dirt bike, do
you take part in races

[anmc] Um hum

[imo] Alright alright ok we¹ll send you four wheelers Š..and your third
option would be ?

[anmc] Uurrr  Give me some more options

[imo] How do you like hot road bike

Thats alright

[imo] Ok please let me check it out for you.. do you want kit car

[anmc] Yeah that sounds like a cool one

[imo] Yeah

[anmc] I read that one once before its pretty wild

[imo] Alright alright the three options are mxracer fourwheeler and kit car
right?

[anmc] Sure

[imo] Alright

::::::::::::::::::::::::

imo = indian male operator
uafc = unspecified american female client

[imo] in general how often would be more likely to shop at a store offering
some kind of rewards programm. Please use a scale from 1-5 where one means
not all likely and five means extremely likely

[uafc] 5

[imo] if the programm included multiple stores as opposed to only one store
woud you be more likely to participate less likely to participate or wont it
it make a difference to you.

[uafc] Probably more likely

[imo] Which type of rewards would you be most interested in, instant rewards
such as discount coupons that can give rise towards each purchase or rewards
tha accumulate over time and can be redeemed for prizes and merhcandise.

[uafc] Um over time

[imo] Ok now just a few quick questions for statistical purposes only. Do
you have access to the internet at home at work or at both

[uafc] Yes at home and work

[imo] That¹s both at home and at work

[uafc] Yes

[imo] On an avergae how frequently would you say you use the internet to
make purchases more than once a week, once everyone or two weeks, once a
month, once every two or three months, two to three times a year, once a
year , or never

[uafc] Mmm bout two of three times a year

[imo] Bout two of three times

[uafc] Yes

[imo] Per year

[uafc] Per year

[imo] Ok im going to read you a few statement about your shopping habits for
each statement please tell to what you extent you agree or disagree. Please
use a scale from  1-5 where one means you strongly disagree and five means
you strongly agree.  I almost always go to the same store to do my grocery
shopping

[uafc] I agree, strongly agree

[imo] When It comes errr, strongly agree.

[uafc] Yes

[imo] Ok when it comes to specific products like coffee orange juice or
icecream once I find a brand I like I tend to stick with it even if there is
something else on sale

[uafc] Yes

[imo] Would that be a five

[uafc] Five yes

[imo] Ok. I make an effort even when a connection is less convenient to book
air travel with an airline that has a frequent flyer program that I belong
to.

[uafc] Five

[imo] Five that would be strongly agree

[uafc] Mmm

[imo] Ok the following categories contain your age. Please stop me when I
reach the correct range. Between 18 ­ 24, 25 to 29

[uafc] Stop stop stop stop 18 ­ 24

[imo] What was the highest level of education you completed, less than high
school graduated high school some college, graduated college, graduated
proffessional school .

[uafc] Im still in college

[imo] So I can take that graduated high school or should I take that as some
college?

[uafc] Some college.

[imo] What is your employment status, employed full tim,e employed part time
, or not currrently employed outside the home.

[uafc] Part time

[imo]Employed part time....And the last questionŠplease stop me when I reach
the range of your family¹s total annual income.  Less than 35,000, 35,00 to
less than 50,000 dollars, 50,000 to less than 75,000 dollars,

[uafc] Stop there.

[imo] Stop there?  50,000 to 75,000 dollars?

[uafc] Yes.

[imo] And finally, may I please have your name in case my supervisor wishes
to verify that I have conducted this interview with you today?

[uafc] You what?

[imo] Um.  Can I please have your name in case my supervisor wishes to
verify that I have conducted this interview with you today?

[uafc] jane doe.

[imo] jane doe?

[uafc] Yes.

[imo] That¹ll be jane doe.

[uafc] Yes.

[imo] Hang on, pleaseŠWe¹ve reached the end of the survey.  Thank you very
much for your time and coorperation.  You have a great day, ma¹am.