[Reader-list] on going slaughterhouse research

Ritika ritika at sarai.net
Thu Jun 10 13:47:36 IST 2004

hi, recently i re-read a chapter of this book by  - William Cronon:
Nature's Metropolis – Chicago and the Great West. I re-read as it made
more sense to me and i could find more similarities in what he had
written his book and what i have observed in my ongoing fieldwork. What
this particular chapter of Cronon's work does is that it gives an
environmental perspective on the history of Chicago - through the case
of the stockyard and meat trade. The excerpts of the chapter have been
added in my blog.

http://blog.sarai.net/users/ritika

Feel free to pass the blog link to people you think might be interested
in this work or are doing something similar...

Cheers
Ritika