[Reader-list] The Vedavatis of this world

Padmalatha Ravi padmalatha.ravi at gmail.com
Wed Aug 10 00:00:50 IST 2005

With all due respects to democracy and the right to express. May I ask what
is the nationalism you are referring to? Is it something that does not
include any other community but Hindus? India is a secular country cos we as
a nation believe in it. And when a people believe in it that is called
"Nationalism"
 You refer to the Muslim centric politics of the country but fail to notice
that caste / community has played crucial role in almost every decision we
as a nation have taken. Even in a Hindu majority state, politicians manage
to play the caste card and marginalise communities - hindu comminities.
There are umpteen evidences of such cases.
 And you say it is not right to blame Mr. Modi cos he is just a single
person...But he is a person with enormous powers, he is the Chief Minister
of a state not a helpless bystander. Yes the people voted him back, but we
very well know that the so-called intelligent voters can be worked on to
great extent with the fear factor.
 I am not very sure of the definition of the 100% indian here. Is it people
like Mr. Modi who are "fighting for the cause of hindus," or is it people
like me and you who let couple of vote seeking, power hungry politicians let
us tell what to believe?

--
Cheers
Padma