[Reader-list] [announcements] Winter Institute: Save the date

PUKAR pukar at pukar.org.in
Wed Dec 21 10:15:40 IST 2005

SAVE THE DATE!

10-12 February, 2006

"Mediascapes: Shifting Boundaries, Contested Terrains"

A collaborative National Seminar / Winter Institute by

PUKAR & Tata Institute of Social Sciences (TISS)

This year's Winter Institute will explore the socio-cultural and
political implications of new media forms and the
transformation of old media.  Through seminar discussions,
lectures, and films, the conference will examine both the
potentially empowering effects of such transformations, and
the repressive consequences of increasingly corporatized
mass media.  We welcome your participation as we explore how
media spaces are constructed and emerge as sites of
contention.

Details will be forthcoming, including the conference
schedule and registration information. Please plan to join
us on 10-12 February at the Tata Institute of Social
Sciences in Mumbai.

 PUKAR & TISS

PUKAR (Partners for Urban Knowledge Action and Research)

Address:: 1-4, 2nd Floor, Kamanwala Chambers, Sir P. M. Road, Fort, Mumbai 400 001
Telephone:: +91 (22) 5574 8152
Fax:: +91 (22) 5664 0561
Email:: pukar at pukar.org.in
Website:: www.pukar.org.in