[Reader-list] madurai

sou dhamini soudhamini_1 at lycos.com
Thu Feb 10 07:40:00 IST 2005

Hi everyone,

Was lovely to read all the new postings. Quite  a leveling experience. But  6 months seems to me barely enuf time to do one’s own work and keep abreast of the others. Not enuf time to formulate any meaningful response. Perhaps as we go on
 also, so many different ideas and approaches, it takes time to sink in

Meanwhile, I have been doing some random reading, and have posed the following ideas to myself to mull over.

1.	All representation is for retrieval -  and hence about memory.
2.	To remember is the basis of  ritual.
3.	Forms of representation are forms of memory – not life.

If any one has anything to say, or a reading list to suggest, do write.

Best,
soudhamini