[Reader-list] [Announcements] Launch of "Tokyo Cancelled"

Rana Dasgupta eye at ranadasgupta.com
Mon Jan 17 13:29:16 IST 2005

Dear All

As some of you may know, my first novel, Tokyo Cancelled, is shortly to
be launched.  Here are details of some of the upcoming launch events.
The book has drawn much inspiration from the writing on this list, and I
hope that many of you will be able to join me for its release into the
world.

INDIA

20th January, 6.30pm: launch event at British Council, Calcutta

28th January, 7.00pm: launch event at British Council, Delhi.  See:

http://www.britishcouncil.org/india-connecting-north-jan05-booklaunch-tokyo-cancelled-2.htm

31st January, 4.00pm: public conversation with Shuddhabrata Sengupta at
the Oxford Bookstore in Statesman House, Connaught Place, Delhi

UK

The book goes on sale on February 7th in the UK (as well as Australia,
New Zealand, South Africa etc.  The publishing world is imperial in its
division of territories).  In the UK there are no official public events
but a friend of mine is kindly hosting a party on February 12th in
London in the book's honour - to which all are welcome.  Email me for
details.

USA and CANADA

The book will go on sale in the US and Canada in May.  We will have a
launch party that month in New York (in the Bose Pacia Gallery in
Chelsea); I will announce the date when we've fixed it.

FRANCE and GERMANY

The book will be out in autumn 2005 in French and German.  Again, more
details to follow.

MORE INFORMATION

The Amazon write-up can be seen at:

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN/0007182120/qid=1103629971/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_0_1/026-4411939-0173263