[Reader-list] [Announcements] FWD:Talent Campus India 3 ay Osian's-Cinefan

Iram Ghufran iram at sarai.net
Wed Apr 26 19:22:49 IST 2006

Subject: Talent Campus India 3 ay Osian's-Cinefan, Festival of Asian
Cinema 2006
From: "Talent Campus" <talentcampus at osians.com>
Date: Wed, 26 Apr 2006 09:51:18 +0530
To: <announcements at sarai.net>

TALENT CAMPUS INDIA 3

Osian’s Cinefan is proud to announce the 3rd edition of Talent Campus
organised in collaboration with Max Mueller Bhawan, the Berlin
International Film Festival and the Berlinale Talent Campus.

Talent Campus is a 5-day workshop where 50-60 young aspiring filmmakers
will be invited to New Delhi to interact with renowned filmmakers and
film professionals from India and abroad.

The aim of the workshop is to provide Indian and South Asian youth a
forum for learning and sharing the process of filmmaking. This year we
are also accepting applicants from Iran . Participants will benefit not
only from the calibre and experience of the professionals involved, but
also from the exchange of ideas among themselves. Topics of discussion
will range from screenplay writing, to direction and understanding key
issues such as audience and genre.

The 3^rd Talent Campus India will take place at the *Siri Fort Auditoria
Complex * from *17 to * * 21 July * , 2006 . It will run alongside
*Osian’s* *Cinefan, 8^th ** Festival of Asian Cinema (14-23 July) * ,
within the framework of the programme ‘ Infrastructure Building for
Minds and Markets – IBM2 ).

In addition to attending workshop session, the selected talents will
have the opportunity to see the very best of Asian cinema being
showcased during Osian’s Cinefan 8. We would be grateful if you could
circulate this information among those who you feel will benefit from
this initiative. *Attached here is the flyer for the workshop that can
be used for display*. The application can be downloaded from our website
www.cinemaya.net <http://www.cinemaya.net/>.

Applicants will be required to submit either a mini-film or excerpt from
a film they have made or a 3500 to 4500 word script by the 25^th May
2006 , along with the Application. The duration of this film or excerpt
should not exceed 60 seconds. The formats acceptable for preview include
the VHS, VCD or DVD.

An independently constituted Committee will select 50-60 Talents to
attend the final workshop. We look forward to meeting the participants
from around the country as well as neighbouring countries.

Monica Bhasin

Coordinator, Talent Campus India

Osian’s-Cinefan, Festival of Asian Cinema

Tel: 91-11-4174315

talentcampus at osians.com <mailto:talentcampus at osians.com>