[Reader-list] Communalisation by Media

Vedavati Jogi vrjogi at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 14 14:11:44 IST 2006

If muslims in kashmir have ethnic cleansed the pandits, then where was the
central govt as well as the subsequent BJP govt when came in power ? why
werent these things investigated ?

dear mr. jassim,

in 1989, bjp was not the ruling party, by the time kashmir problem started
third front had taken over.

moreover, i am not a bjp spokes person, nor i am  justifying gujrat carnage
, but i sincerely feel that pseudo secular thoughts & acts are responsible
for hindu-muslim rift and unfortunately poor muslims are at receiving end.

after guj. happenings & before assembly elections in guj. i had visited one
exhibition of gujrati dress materials in pune, out of curiosity i asked many
traders about guj. riots. one of them said, 'what modi saab has done nobody
else has done that for we hindus in india. just see what happens in
election.' others nodded. i was stunned.

pseudo secularists and people like abu azmi remain safe and poor muslims
have to bear the brunt. is it a secularism? mr. jassim, politicians are
always playing minority card, 'divide & rule' is their policy. now muslims
like you have to take initiative & show these politicians their place.  can
you do that?