[Reader-list] BLANK NOISE: I ASK FOR IT

Cecilia66gh at aol.com Cecilia66gh at aol.com
Sun Mar 12 16:11:30 IST 2006

What a fabulous idea! I'm French and I've been living in Paris since I was
18. That makes it 13 years now. I've had so many painful experiences on the
Tube  and in the street, and I hadn't asked for it, but that's what lots of
people  assume.
Many clothes are linked with memories of painful encounters, and I've even
discarded some of them, because I was so upset. I can't very well afford to
send  them across to you in India, but there's one item in particular I would
send  over if I still had it.
I used to have very long hair, which I never let free on my shoulders, but
either wore in a plait or in a bun (the classic ballet dancer type). Besides my
 bum and my boobs, gropers would often "attack" my hair, and either finger my
 plait, or tug at my bun and upset or even undo it (and searching for your
hair-pins in a full carriage isn't much fun, so experience taught me always to
carry extra pins in my bag so that I could redo my bun). The men (or boys),
mainly nth generation migrants, really seemed to be attracted by that hair of
mine (ordinary chestnut) as by a magnet and on a couple of occasions, after
they had bungled my hairdo, some men took advantage of the crowd to start
stroking my hair as if I were a dog or a cat.
I can't do away with my other secondary sexual attributes, but when I was
20, I eventually went to a hairdresser and had my hair cut off. I now wear  very
short hair, like a man, and I still get harassed, but at least men  leave my
hair alone now. I wish I had kept a hairlock, I would donate it to  you to
complete your collection.

All the best,

Cecilia