[Reader-list] Fear and Loathing in Big Cities

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Tue Apr 8 18:51:59 IST 2008

My dear sister Fathima and her post was very thought provoking. But let us be honest to see the facts in the right perspective, is it not true that poor muslims are second grade citizens like all others in other faiths divided by castes. But the difference ends there, the poor in other faith do not resort to violence at the flimsy excuse if the pizza carrying vehicle touches their children playing on the roads, they are not out immediately in groups to demand money for the accident.They do not loot with mob power.Hard working individuals irrespective of their faith always see success in life inspite of bad systemic flaws of vote bank governance,that is how one can see yarn merchant Ambani and his next generation in wealth.But unfortunately, many muslims think that their zakath is only legal and not taxes a citizens have to pay, but they want "subsidy" even when the HOLY script says you travel with your honest hard earned money.
A system of governance which delivers good governance to ALL in society with fair and just form is the democracy, but do we have it in place. ?Citizens are  divided in to groups of castes, minorities and "mahorities and ultimately, a minority rules the citizens defying the oath of governance, with all fear, with all unfair means for the votes, unless all citizens irrespective of faith unite as a single society this game will go on, appeasing one section of citizens at the cost of other sections of the society.

 Regards.