[Reader-list] media coverage of Wednesday Mumbai attacks

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Tue Dec 2 18:48:31 IST 2008

Its interesting to see how Simi Gerewal's words among other things, have
tasted bitter to a few.  Truth has been always hard to accept. Anyways.

'Times Now' by far did the best reporting of the entire terror attack. Not
alone Mahrook. I'll begin with Arnab Goswami, who didn't mindlessly leave
for the venue as was done by 'Senior Editors" of at least four English and
Hindi front line channels. Times Now even had a brilliant panel for evening
discussions. Mature Investigative and Live Journalism was as well displayed
by Bhavtosh Singh and Arunodaya Mukherji crime reporters of Times Now and
CNN-IBN respectively. Also, to add in this list Jitender Dikshit of Star
News.

A leading female journalist of much hyped 'pseudo-secular' channel tried her
best to attract attention and lead way as the only so called mature and
intelligent figure around, but she failed miserable, she was lost in the
crowd of media.

I salute the patience of these few mature journalists who undertook this
mission with great zeal and enthusiasm. Journalism is all about that
courage, honesty and right timing.

Its surely easy to question. Though I still do be live that these are many
other negative patterns to it. Leading Hindi Channel (TRP wise) like last
time (Jammu Hostage crises) yet again interviewed terrorists live. By this
they not only gave these crackpots space on media but as well committed
blunder against security personnel's.

Who really represents Mumbai ? Why are Simi Gerewal not an equal parts of
this great city ? It is unfortunate to mark this dividing line. At this time
we should be united. On the contrary, we see people "unfortunate people' who
mistakenly became Indians, defending Pakistan and even these terrorists time
and again on TV Channels and even sometimes streets. This forum is quite
aware of such breed of people.

'Bharat Mata Ki Jai' is said in praise of this country and not against any
religion. It has no communal overtones. Please don't start crafting things.
We surely saw how people in thousands used this slogan to greet our brave
jawans who destroyed aims of these bloody terrorists.

Lets act mature atleast at this time when we have lost just so many people.

If not your conscience, atleast the innocent face, and cries of 2-year-old
Moshe orphaned in the attack on Nariman House where his Jewish parents Rabbi
Gavriel Holtzberg and Rivka were killed from the bullets of terrorists,
should keep a filter in your mind.

Thanks
Aditya Raj Kaul