[Reader-list] Arrests won't affect us, jihad will continue: Lashkar

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 19:46:54 IST 2008

"He ran his fingers through his bushy beard as he sat in a dingy room for
the interview, surrounded by boys' ages 15 to 20 that listened intently as
he spoke."

I am sorry to say but this looks like the work of a typical western
journalist stuck in Islamabad and imagining things out of his/her head. I
doubt the credibility of this report on the grounds that it was clearly
inspired from a Frederick Forsythe novel.

The statement, "we are still well organised and active" is so absurd. The
reporter calls the person a "coodinator" and then asks if they are not
organised or active. How bizzare. (And how can we forget the cliche -- safe
houses)

"They are concentrated on the tribal areas of Western provinces of
Pakistan": Even american missles knew about this. Where is the news here?

Also very conspiratorially the reporter states the problem of Jihad with a
quote from the so-called coordinator, stating the same shit (sorry but it's
true) we have been getting on television and newspaper. If Jihad is epitome
of good muslim, then the reporter should have also stated in a responsible
manner that the Holy Koran has a very different connotation of Jehad as
opposed to what a lot of non-muslims think of.

ANI is a prestigious news organisation. Care must be taken not to make half
hearted attempts to report about the real issues behind the pall of such
calamity. My point here is if you have called it extremism, used phrases
like jehad, holy war, fundamentalism, and other such things, then you must
investigate why so many are becoming a part of this agenda. what makes
a pashtoon from waziristan take up arms, who is capable of tilling the arid
soils single handedly?