[Reader-list] Amaranth Yatra

Nitya Jacob nityajacob at yahoo.com
Tue Jul 1 20:41:31 IST 2008

This is about as perverse as it gets
Nitya

----- Original Message ----
From: inder salim <indersalim at gmail.com>
To: reader-list at sarai.net
Sent: Tuesday, July 1, 2008 7:47:06 PM
Subject: Re: [Reader-list] Amaranth Yatra

quote Sonia "The wise pilgrim
should as k why it is that the lingam has begun to melt".

i quote Rasneek, "The Lingam is melting because even the Lord is sick of us
"Kashmiris"

and i quote Oscar wilde " we are all in the gutter but some of us are
looking at the stars "

I believe, that a truly WISE piligrim often discovers the LIGHT
within...., in the begining it was that intense thirst for wisdom and
knowledge taht gave birth to a piligrim...

and the Lord ( sounds, somewhere in London ) if there is  one which
falls within the grasp of a routine perception, even,  is still not so
SICK that HE decides to MELT because of us.

We are truly capable of bringing everything into the "gutter" where we
are and see things there, instead of where they are.... of course we
can blame the times and politics of our times for our being so...

My dear friend Gulshan Majeed says in his poem , that now, neither the
milk is pure, nor the sugar is good for health.... this has reference
for Mahjoors famous line which  says  the hindu and muslim are like
milk and sugar and we needs a sweet blending for a sweeter product...

If there is still some possibility... ( this is also humour ) a true
Shiva lover should support the abolition of article 377 of indian
constitution  which prohibits the  practice of homosexuality ...this
is because Shive himself was ravished by the charms of Mohini who was
Vishu in disguise to save himself from Basmasura...

a true shiva lover will never forget Lul Ded, who said that if you are
truely wise, dont discriminate between Hindu and muslim because Shiva
is all time presence...

And a  true Shive devotee will also question the non-implementaion of
that   play-bi-site
because if kashmir was a free country like india and pakistan in
1947... i believe, people of kashmir would have donated 1000 acres of
land to the shrine board, but ......

with love

indersalim

i remember, i had my adventure 'travel ' to amarnath in 1986...
through pahalgam...not the easy route of Baltal as most of devotees
prefer now.....The cave looked magnificient from below... and there
was  absolutely no lingum that year, but truly i missed nothing,
unlike the the present J&K governer,  the journey was tough and full
of rain and snow....the journey itself was the reward ( like any other
hilly picnic ) .. but unlike the rich who hire local men to carry them
on their shoulders. i remember, there was some fight between nanga
sadhus in the cave itself  and police had to fire should gun shots in
the air to keep them angry sadhu at a distance from the fenced space
inside the cave... ( i have similar stories from people of different
faiths who travel by sea or by air to meet their gods ...perhaps keeps
people busy...