[Reader-list] Press statement from University Community

inder salim indersalim at gmail.com
Sun Nov 9 00:08:53 IST 2008

,
unka kaam hai 'thookna' who janay
mera payaam hai mohabbat, jahan pohanchay ( parody of a Jigar couplet )
( those who spit, know their job well; my message is love, let it
float freely  )

J.P. Sartre saw 'spitting' in the gun that shoot, bullets. That was
during world war II, when there was too much of hate, people had real
problems in Europe. I dont think we have really gone though that
extreme form of hate

for example,  between  Dakka and Kolkata, there is lot of cultural
exchange, both the socities recognize each others icons, between
Punjab ( Pakistan ) and Punjab ( India ) both celebrate that shared
cultural past, even religiously, sufism and poetry etc.... and in
kashmir too, both muslims and hindu ( pandits ) come closer to each
other as and when there is a mention of music, poetry and other shared
cultural patterns.   Territories  can not  outwit this human need for
cultural exchange between people to any kind.....

what is sad that we see  ' hate '   as an object that we can hold in
our hands for ever to win peace and love.

i think there is no alternative to peace and love
and there is no shame to de-ego the self.

and for that reason alone, we all need to bow our heads to win the other,
that is what all saints, poets and times teach us

so love one again

is

http://indersalim.livejournal.com