[Reader-list] I was tortured, made to see obscene CD: Sadhvi

Vivek Narayanan vivek at sarai.net
Tue Nov 25 13:36:15 IST 2008

> For me .....both torture and terrorism is condemnable......be it anyone.
>

> Pawan

Dear Pawan,

I'm glad,and relieved, that you agree with me, especially on the "be it
anyone" part.  So good.  I hope, for your part, you are as vocal in your
condemnations when Kashmiri or Islamic militants are being tortured in
custody, as they routinely are, and when Hindu organisations engage in
terrorist acts. Do you really think anyone on this list would disagree
with that?  I don't think you should read silence as support for Pragya
Thakur's torture, or indeed for the killing of civilians by anyone.  If
anyone here supports either terrorism or torture, let's hear from them then!

And perhaps the next step, supported by people across political
affiliation and preference, to push for a blanket (prosecutable) action
against all torture conducted by the Indian police force and military,
against anyone?

What do you think?

Vivek