[Reader-list] [iradcrea] Fwd: Protest Against attacks on christain in Orissa and Karnataka

Mosmi Bhim mosmi_bhim at hotmail.com
Wed Oct 8 04:38:15 IST 2008

Hello,

My best wishes are with you, during this march. I hope authorities take note of the issues you are raising - that religious and racial discrimination violates the basic principles of human rights. Please do publicise photos and stories of the march to international media outlets, so the outside world can be aware of such continuing attacks on minority religious groups.

In Fiji, the problem is opposite - it is largely Christian youths (from indigenous communities) that desecrate Hindu temples. Three Hindu temples were broken into, over the weekend. The looters failed in their attempts to burn one temple. However, the police have treated the matter very seriously. One person has already been arrested and authorities have assured that the arsonists will face the full brunt of law.
Best regards,
Mosmi Bhim
(IRAD March 2008)

To: sexualityinstitute2002 at yahoogroups.co.in; vikalp at yahoogroups.com; reader-list at sarai.net; iradcrea at yahoogroups.comFrom: phadkeshilpa at gmail.comDate: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 16:00:48 +0530Subject: [iradcrea] Fwd: Protest Against attacks on christain in Orissa and Karnataka

---------- Forwarded message ----------From: hasina khan Date: Sat, 4 Oct 2008 12:01:33 +0530 (IST)Subject: Protest Against attacks on christain in Orissa and KarnatakaDear all,As women's groups, we are organising a silent march, protesting thecontinuing attacks on Christians, their homes, property and churchesin Orissa and Karnataka, on the 8th of October from 3 pm. We shallgather at 3 pm at Churchgate station and march in silence to HutatmaChowk, from there we shall continue to Azad Maidan, where there willbe a few speakers who will address the gathering, and songs and someslogans. As groups we will be carrying placards and banners but themarch itself will be a protest in silence. Several students fromNirmala Niketan and TISS will be participating in the march.Please join in large numbers and inform others too about this protest march.Hasina for Awaaz-e-Niswan, Mumbai     __._,_.___

 Change settings via the Web (Yahoo! ID required) Change settings via email: Switch delivery to Daily Digest | Switch format to Traditional Visit Your Group | Yahoo! Groups Terms of Use | Unsubscribe

Visit Your Group

New web site?
Drive traffic now.
Get your business