[Reader-list] one more .... email

Kirdar kirdarsingh at gmail.com
Wed Oct 29 16:50:15 IST 2008

Dear Aditya, yaar
Don't take it to the heart. I have simply been irritated with endless
mails written by some Kashmiri Pundits on their specific issue - I
have nothing personal against you. Please read my last 3 mails - I
have said that I am not making fun of the plight of Kashmiri Pundits -
I sympathize with you and your issue. But my only question was: what
are you gaining out of writing repeated mails on Sarai. Even the
discussions are not going in any direction. If there is some practical
solution or initiative you wish to take to improve the condition of
Kashmiri Pundit migrants, for which you need the support of everyone
here, then let us discuss that. But a mere confrontation is not the
solution. I apologize for using a provocative subject header for my
email - I shouldn't have done that. But it was simply a reaction. (By
the way, I have received some private emails from Sarai readers
thanking me for using that header, as almost everyone has got fed up
of reading only one subject).

I admit once again:

(1) I fully realize and SYMPATHISE with the plight the migrant
Kashmiri Pandits have gone through.
(2) I  CONDEMN the "Muslim" extremists who have used violence and
torture on Kashmiri Pundits.
(3) I agree that Kashmiri Pundits have the right to return to their
homeland, and all possible efforts should be made for their safe
return and livelihood.
(4) All Kashmiri Pundits persecuted and uprooted from their homeland
should be fully compensated
(5) Those who incurred the violence on Kashmiri Pundits should be
punished according to the law.
(6) I am ready to help or contribute in any way towards the betterment
of the current plight of migrant Kashmiri Pundits, and appeal others
to do the same.

If there is anything else anyone wishes to add to the list, which is a
sensible demand/request, I would be ready to endorse that as well.

Now tell me. What else do you need from me, or anyone else on this
list. Let us be practical.

Kirdar