[Reader-list] Kashmir-Tanks on busy market squares - Harsh Mander

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Wed Sep 3 18:44:17 IST 2008

The well known personality Harsh Mander is quoted as saying:

""""""" Even in small towns, you encounter even today bullet-proof tanks stationed on busy market squares ...... """""

Would someone please let me know if this is true. Are there 'tanks' stationed on busy market squares even in the small towns of Kashmir? This is the first time I have heard of this.

Ex IAS cadre and current Director Action Aid India, Harsh Mander is not expected to speak untruths. He is unlikely to mistake some other vehicle for being a "tank".

If it is true then it is shameful.

If it is not true, then Harsh Mander was being deliberately and deviously deceitful. "Tanks" being stationed at busy market squares 'even in small towns' presents quite a damning picture.

The quote is from a Press Release (02/09/08) by 'Kashmiri American Council'  about a seminar in Columbus, Ohio, USA . It was at a convention of ISNA (Islamic Society of North America).

Kshmendra