[Reader-list] SC refuses to take action against M F Husain

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Thu Sep 11 17:47:40 IST 2008

Inder,

 let us not forget that the judges are also from the same society and the system that we live in, till now we are not keen to confront the judiciary and media as in any democracy these are the only two institutions which are relatively "clean" but alas, that euphoria is also waning in society as we get informed by the media that sitting and retired judges have siphoned off in crores from the pf accounts of judiciary. Sons of a retired SC chief justice avail 600 crores sitting in the official residence of the judge. A Supreme court judge has fudged his birth certificate to get extra time on the bench, a sitting judge of the high court has taken 36 lakhs as his personal funds as a receiver, "criminal" lawyers have inflienced for big money the outcome of many judgements, judges of high court get courier service delivering 15 lakhs and some buy lands  in states where they are not entitled to buy. But blacksheep in media who become spin doctors to a political party, judges who ke
ep quiet when crores are defreezed in London without the knowledge of the court, the act being carried out by the law minister and the solicitor general does not augur well for the confidence that society implies on both the media and judiciary. CBI, premier investigation agency purring like cat for the rich and powerful has lost credibilty along with some blacksheep in judiciary and media personnel who are selective even in "journalism.

 Lots of love and regards.