[Reader-list] OB vans in Mehrauli

radhikarajen at vsnl.net radhikarajen at vsnl.net
Sun Sep 28 13:35:25 IST 2008

Dear Shivam,

 great good humane feelings of all right thinking citizens are being expressed by you, well appreciated. Yes, I was upset when nithari reportage of speculation was on in every channel, yes, I was appalled at the speculative reportage of murders of Hemraj and Aaarushi. Bit yesterday I saw another deviant and degrading behaviour of media, visual media at work.

  This time around, police did a good job of cordoning of the crime scene, the "journalists of visual media were very disappointed that about 172 individuals with professional  photographers and video men cound trample on crime scene. Their ire on police was obivious because powerful "journalists" wer blocked from having their will on the crime.!

   So police bashing started in a subtle way, IBN correspondents  had some subtle way of doing politics in reportage, when eyewitness was telling that it was black bike, brand he did not know, the "journalist added his version that it was Pulser  black byke without number plate, but later, TVs black byke with number plate was being loaded by police with the help of locals.! The over ebthusiasm did not end there, when Malhothra came to visit, it was "BJP" designate CM, BJP was politicising the issue, he felt, and repeatedly asked him what BJP thought of the issue.! In every sentence he iused "BJP" as if he was canvassing for the party in hour of tragedy. Later, when CM Shiela dixit came on to state the feelings, it was not "congress" CM, but just CM Sheila Dixit, why this dual standards. ?

   STOP PRESS:

     A special programme on Sunday at 8 pm by Mumbaikars, Rajdeep sardesai and Anubha Bhosle with mumbaikar Home Minister about whitewashing his safari suits and bandh galas, this time Home minister will appear on tv show with khaddar pure white kudtha-pyjamas.! Ofcourse, he is now asked by high command not to talk of his bar dance visits, patthe khelna, jua and daru peena, instead he will only talk of his loyalty to first family, and ofcourse Rajdeep is getting nominated for padmabhushan, overlooking all the other senior journalists like Neerja Choudhary, BG Varghese, KJS George and even Shekhar Gupta.
 One wonderful thing to happen was the 40 D sizes of burly Anasuya ray, Meetu jain and Toral wadia were not at the scene for speculation. Viewers then came to know that all had gone for the media session of who can talk with most shrill voice in speculative reporting.!

Regards.