[Reader-list] interesting facts

S. Jabbar sonia.jabbar at gmail.com
Sat Apr 11 10:16:02 IST 2009

Since 2004, the enlightened author of this email informs us, under UPA rule,
3,850 Indians have died in terrorism related attacks.  It then goes on to
advocate that we should vote for the 'lesser of the two evils.'
I'm not going to go into an examination of the definition of evil, nor
comment on his views on minorities but I think it would be instructive to
see how many Indians died in terror-related attacks (not including communal
violence) during the 5 and a 1/2 years of BJP rule.

1998: 2,345
1999: 2,140
2000: 2,591
2001: 2,414
2002: 1,797
2003: 1,607*

That makes a total of 12,894 people killed or roughly 3.4 times that of the
UPA tenure.

*South Asia Terrorism Portal, which compiles its data from the Home
Ministry, GoI. Www.satp.org

> From: bipin <aliens at dataone.in>
> Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 15:58:01 +0530
> To: sarai-list <reader-list at sarai.net>
> Subject: [Reader-list] interesting facts
>
> Dear All,

I am giving interesting facts giving as under published by Art of
> Living Foundations. Please read it carefully. It clear assessment of present
> govt.

A) Is this Government really protecting us??!!

7/11 2006: Mumbai
> Train Blasts. 209 Killed.
25/8 2007: Hyderbad Blasts: 42 Killed
Oct 11 2007:
> Ajmer Blasts : 2 Killed
May 13 2008: Jaipur Blasts : 68 Killed
July 16th 2008:
> Ahmedabad Blasts : 57 Killed
July 25th 2008: Banglaore Blasts: 1 killed
Sept
> 13th 2008: Delhi Blasts: 26 Killed
Sept 27th 2008: Delhi Blasts: 2 Killed
Sept
> 29th 2008 : Gujrat Blasts : 1 killed
Oct 21st 2008: Imphal Blasts : 17
> Killed
Oct 30th 2008: Assam Blasts : 40 Killed
Nov 26th 2008: Mumbai Attack:
> 180 killed

Every major city in India has been attacked consistently over the
> last
two years.
Since 2004, 3850 Indians have died in Terror attacks in over
> 3000 incidents.
Is the common Indian on the streets really safe ?

Did you
> know that on the day of the Mumbai train blasts, the
Government gave Rs 150
> crores for earthquake relief in Pakistan ? Last
year our Govt. has given Rs
> 3000 crores (600 Million Dollars) to
Afghanistan? This, when victims of terror
> in India have not yet got
aid? What's going on?

B) Is this Government really
> secular ?

1) When Madrasas are being shut down in Pakistan, the
> Indian
Government is giving them CBSE status !! It is depriving
> Muslim
children in getting secular education. A Madrasa educated person
> can
get a job in any government office without going through the
> secular
education system. Can India afford to have fundamentalists
> in
government departments? Why cannot the government shut down Madrassas
and
> let Muslim children study with the rest?

2) Our Government has given 25 lakh
> scholarships ONLY to minority students.
What sin have the majority done not to
> deserve these?
Why cannot poor students of all communities be given
> scholarships
instead of only Muslim children?

3) Thanks to the Congress led
> Government, out of 36000 temples in
Andhra Pradesh, 28000 have closed down in
> the last five years. Do you
want the same trend to continue in other parts of
> the country? Do you
want a Nagaland type of situation in the whole of India?
> While
government controls most of the Hindu temples, the minority
> community
has had full freedom to organize their religious bodies. The
> minority
communities now have the first right over resources. Is this not
blatant violation of fundamental rights of the majority community?

4) Why
> have the minorities in Nagaland, Mizoram & Kashmir not got the
similar
> privileges like the minorities in other states? Why is the
Govt following
> different rules for different religions?

C) Is this government really making
> friends or enemies for India ?

Thanks to a weak and visionless foreign
> policy, India has created
enemies all around. By the Home Minister's own
> admission : "India is
surrounded by a circle of fire". Rajiv Gandhi's vision
> of a powerful
"SAARC" is now defunct.

1) Today, India commands little respect
> from all its neighbours,
despite being the largest democracy in the world.
2)
> Terrorism has engulfed the country from inside and outside. Of
course
> Pakistan,the motherland of international terrorism continues to
be a big
> threat.
3) China has territorial ambitions on India.
4) Nepal, is now being
> headed by a Maoist government and is
ideologically more aligned to China.
> While India helped to dismantle
the dynastic rule in Nepal our own Government
> surreptitiously supports
dynastic rule within its own party.
5) Myanmar is
> increasingly aligning with Chinese forces with huge
Chinese investments in
> that region.
6) Failure of Indian Policies in Srilanka.
7) Bangladesh
> continues to repeatedly aid and abet terrorism.

D) Is this Government really
> pro-poor?

The number of people living below the poverty line has increased by
horrifying 20 per cent. India had some 270 million people below the
poverty
> line in 2004-2005, when the present Government took office.
That number has
> gone up to 325 million, an increse by 55 million, or 20 per cent!

E) Does
> this Government really care about the nation?

The Pakistani flag is now being
> hoisted in five districts of states
like Assam where the Muslim population has
> gone up significantly.
92000 Hindu and 6000 Christians are now languishing in
> refugee camps.
The government has turned a blind eye to this.

In the name of
> security, innocent people have been put in jails,
whereas people like Yaasin
> Malik who has 23 murder charges on him, are
moving Scot free and gathering
> their own strength. Is it acceptable to
any patriotic Indian?

Can the
> Congress led UPA promise a non-muslim CM in J&K ? Reservation
for a Hindu
> student in Nagaland ? If so, we wholeheartedly support
them. Otherwise they
> should sit at home the next few years and rethink
their policies.

Can our
> politicians stop stooping down to any lengths just for money
and power ? Like
> Mr.Sharad Pawar, who first ditched the Congress and
then ditched the people
> and aligned back with the Congress, just to be
in power and almost all the so
> called secular parties does the same thing.

Don't be deceived. What appears
> to be communal is not communal, and
what appears to be secular is not secular.
> It is time we change our
thinking.

Having said all this even BJP has not
> proved to be any better.
But for now we need a change. Let us choose the
> lesser of the two evils.
The same party brought to power again and again means
> encouraging
unabated corruption.

Stand up for this most tolerant and ancient
> civilization and prevent
this great nation from becoming a communal
> battleground. As citizens
of India we must vote for change.

WAKE UP INDIANS.

--