[Reader-list] A Modest Appeal to Election Propagandists

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Thu Apr 16 16:02:50 IST 2009

Dear all

I think simply advertising is not what this site is meant for. And as for
Aditya, Pawan, Bipin and others, everybody here, I would like to ask
something:

You all have been cribbing that Muslims did this and that in the last 1,000
years ago. And they continue to do some other things as well, all of which
are wrong. You also say that secularists are trying to save these Muslims
and disturbing Hindus as well. What do you want: Muslims to be punished for
their alleged atrocities for the past 1,000 years (by killing them,
sentencing to death, raping their women or something else), or be subjected
to economic hardships for this, or be deprived of right to vote, or
something else? Do you wish that secularists should be also sentenced to any
of these? Or both of them?

What is your conception of the nation? What is meant in your terms by
development of the nation?

You put up articles supporting the right-wing stand. You always argue
indirectly or directly that the BJP is in some way right, or the issues they
raised at least are right. You even point out that Kashmiri Muslims have
done this or that, Godhra has happened etc. What is your conception of
Indian Muslims?

And what are you against? Indian Muslims? Secularism? Congress? Left?
Something else? And what are you for? Sangh Parivar? BJP? or Right Wing
ideology? So-called Genuine secularism? Something else?

Instead of advertising Vajpayee and supporting him, better speak about your
own views to begin with. As for Vajpayee, we all know how he was sacked by
the Indian public from power and what was the result of his India Shining
campaign.

And yes, for all my answers to questions I have raised I would write another
mail, but only after some time. Please do bear with me for that.

Regards

Rakesh