[Reader-list] "The Taliban are here" - Samad Khurram

Rahul Asthana rahul_capri at yahoo.com
Mon Apr 20 19:20:34 IST 2009

"Other than Ayaz Amir, not a single Pakistani leader
> has spoken out against the Taliban."

It would have been funny if it was not so pathetic.This is Ayaz Amir writing in support of the Swat deal
http://www.thenews.com.pk/editorial_detail.asp?id=163592
And here he changes his tune 180 degrees.
http://www.thenews.com.pk/top_story_detail.asp?Id=21505

This is a Pakistani liberal journalist.I know many list members cringe when someone suggests that India and Pakistan have gone the opposite way,but anyway,here is some more interesting news.
http://thenews.com.pk/daily_detail.asp?id=172210
India should prepare itself for a Talibanized Pakistan.It could,in some ways, be better than dealing with Pakistani liberals who speak from both sides of their mouths.