[Reader-list] my view on cellular silent day on 30/01/09 by Ranjan Kamath

bipin aliens at dataone.in
Wed Feb 4 18:39:28 IST 2009

Dear Rakesh,

You can't have same yardstick of analysis for all the states as far as assembly election is concerned. At present we are talking for Gujarat or Modi. Grossly it is not possible to have uniform growth in all the constituencies', districts, taluqas. Since last 50 years, there remain difference in growth in the different areas that difference bound to remain for some times, however it minimize gradually when overall development is going on. At present all the ports development of Gujarat has utmost priorities and on development of the same in phase manner almost all the area of Gujarat will be benefited. Special Investment Region (SIR) is mostly implemented in un-developed areas will also be benefited.

You are giving cast factor. No doubt, there is a cast factor affecting to the particular constituencies. But, say BJP candidate of particular cast who dominates that constituency, the other party like Congress knows this factor very well and they will certainly put similar capacity candidate only to counter this effect or vice versa and such effect will grossly nullified. Rakesh, voting format is very complex issue and one should go with the cast details since as informed all the parties/candidates knows their constituencies cast factor and plan their strategy accordingly. For your information, unlike past so many Muslim voters has voted for BJP this time in Gujarat.

For MP you much better as its your homeland and I welcome your analysis. There after, I will also say something in my point of view.

thanks

Bipin Trivedi