[Reader-list] From the newspaper.

Jeebesh jeebesh at sarai.net
Wed Feb 11 14:48:06 IST 2009

Reading the newspaper from various parts of the world, this can be
gleaned over.

AXIOMS:

Go to Work and Produce and get your wages.

Pay your taxes so that state can protect you and build infrastructure
and social welfare mechanisms.

Buy goods, food, basic necessities, a house maybe, a few dvds etc.

Invest some for your old age needs.

BUT

Now this equation has gone a bit wrong.

Go to work but not sure the wages will come. The company may just
close. It may just keep shrinking. Some "bad" management are simply
swindling the companies of it's assets and wealth. Very bad!

State urgently needs to pump in unprecedented money (in many trillion
dollar obviously)  to keep afloat financial institutions,
manufacturing units, infrastructure constructions, manage social
conflicts, act self-righteous to assuage anger of dissolution,
encourage people to keep buying. From hard state, soft state, etc to
Busy State.

Buy basic necessities and keep some for harder time ahead.

Sidelines: Is our investments safe? Should we shift it.? How to ensure
it? Our old age is in danger.

THEN

State needs to spend more. It needs to draw more revenue. How does it
manage it? More taxation will be dangerous, less taxation will inject
growth. What to do?

Manufacturing unit to get up, produce and need to sell. Fast. How? To
whom?

Save your jobs, wages and savings? How?

Newspapers are fun these days!!

warmly