[Reader-list] Sreedharan's resignation shocks DMRC workers

Aditya Raj Kaul kauladityaraj at gmail.com
Sun Jul 12 20:49:25 IST 2009

*Sreedharan's resignation shocks DMRC workers*

New Delhi (PTI) As E. Sreedharan walked out of the eight-storey 'Metro
Bhawan' on Sunday after resigning as its chief, his colleagues said they
were shocked by the decision of the "strong but very simple leader".

DMRC officials and workers said Mr. Sreedharan's dramatic announcement that
he was resigning came as a "rude shock" for them as they never expected such
a decision from him following the accident.

"He is a very simple man who took strong decisions regarding the Delhi
Metro. If not for him, the DMRC would not have come to this level and
completed projects well ahead of schedule," a DMRC official, who requested
anonymity, said.

"We are really upset with his decision and we also know that he won't go
back on his decision to quit. I can say one thing for sure that no one can
replace him in DMRC," he said.

The official said Mr. Sreedharan completed several projects of the Delhi
Metro well ahead of the schedule. "Any other country will take 50 years to
achieve what Mr. Sreedharan has achieved in 10 years."

Another worker at DMRC said Mr. Sreedharan was a "very simple man and his
decision has demoralised every worker of the company".

"It came as a shock for us that he is resigning... we never expected such a
hard decision from him," the worker said.