[Reader-list] Fw: Re: we are all stunned

M Javed javedmasoo at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 11:54:23 IST 2009

Dear Vedavati and Malik
Firstly, it is wrong to say that Muslim leaders never condemn wrongs
done to the people of other faiths. One can quote thousands of
instances on Muslims condemning acts of terrorism and violence where
people of other (non-Muslim) communities have been affected. (If you
are interested, I can send the links and references). But a more
important point is: why should we expect only Muslim leaders to come
up with a condemnation? What does that prove? A condemnation of an
event by someone may express one's honest angst about something, but
it can also be a superficial lip-service to create a feel-good factor.
Why should someone do a superficial media-act to show one's
patriotism? If Muslims keep condemning the plight of Kashmiri pandits,
will they get a certificate of bonafide Indian nationals?

I really wonder what does a mere criticism or condemnation in public
about an event mean anything? Does it heal the wounds of the affected
people? Does it stop the perpetrators from their acts of violence?

Javed