[Reader-list] Pasmanda Intellectuals' Forum Questions...

M Javed javedmasoo at gmail.com
Sat Jun 13 21:59:37 IST 2009

Dear Arshad
I have never figured out if I am a pasmanda or ashraf or ajlaf. How
does one find that out. I don't have a tag of a caste or sub-caste
with my name, nor have I ever been told by my parents or family about
it. And how do the selectors of a job like a VC find out if a
candidate is a pasmanda or ashraf. Apparently "Ansaris" are supposed
to be the ajlaf or pasmanda, but Hamid Ansari (our vice-president) and
so many other Ansaris have been among the elite of the Muslims for so
many generations. So how does it work out then.

Javed