[Reader-list] Who gives muftis the right to give fatwas?

Kshmendra Kaul kshmendra2005 at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 30 16:24:54 IST 2009

CORRECTION - Please read "heterosexual" instead of "bi-sexual" in the earlier sent mail. The mail should have been:

Dear Javed

You cannot be a "Muslim" and at the same time not be against homosexuality or be supportive of homosexuality.

A "Muslim" must follow the injunction of the Quran. Leaving aside for the moment the injunctions derived from the Hadeeth, in the Quran itself there specific advisories and castigations against  homosexuality and any other sexual preference other than heterosexual and that too only with the spouse.

Kshmendra

You cannot be a "Muslim" and at the same time not be against homosexuality or be supportive of homosexuality.

A "Muslim" must follow the injunction of the Quran. Leaving aside for the moment the injunctions derived from the Hadeeth, in the Quran itself there specific advisories and castigations against  homosexuality and any other sexual preference other than bi-sexual and that too only with the spouse.

Kshmendra