[Reader-list] The Epitaph of a Mind: Vir Sanghvi

Yousuf ysaeed7 at yahoo.com
Fri Mar 27 10:43:57 IST 2009

Dear Vedavati
I am not a defender of Pakistan or Pakistani Muslims. Personally I don't care if they are different or the same or an evil or whatever. I was only reacting to Vir Sanghvi's write-up who presents the most shallow and immature reasons to prove that they are not the same as us. If you read your mail carefully, I have made it very clear, and I quote again:

"If Pakistanis are not the same people as us (Indians) simply because over last 60 years they have grown to become something else (something of an evil), haven't we Indians grown to become something else? What makes Mr.Sanghvi think that among the twins separated at birth one has gone in the right direction while the other one has been spoiled. But talking about the same-ness, at one level even the residents of Amritsar and Lahore have been very different (even before 1947), and at another level, the people of Kabul and Kandhamal are the same, even today."

Let me know what you find wrong in the above statement.

cheers

Yousuf