[Reader-list] Fw: plight of the muslim women and appeasement

subhrodip sengupta sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in
Thu May 21 11:56:13 IST 2009

----- Forwarded Message ----
From: subhrodip sengupta <sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in>
To: anupam chakravartty <c.anupam at gmail.com>
Cc: reader-list-request at sarai.net
Sent: Wednesday, 20 May, 2009 10:50:33 PM
Subject: Re: [Reader-list] plight of the muslim women and appeasement

Sir,
     Recieving money is till now perhaps one of the most endearing expiriences one might have or ok some people have. One envy others success or rare fortune is known as dog in the manger. Since I cannot provide life I can not and quite literally not, take it away. But every interview I read I read some statement of Burning in Hell, statement by educated middleclass muslim women, parents of film makers and other workers. Perhaps I know a very few muslim girls and women, and hence none has revealed such extremist ideas to me. Two questions disturb me:

1. Will ever 'money' correct discrimination? Except certain progressive people, girls from a high society are at worst. What about them. Is it okay to Burqua clad your child forcefully before sending her to school? The social taboo remaining, how many families will encash the money if it is not okay to send girls to school?
If not then root of discrimination is magnified under poverty and mirroring it government is using just another discrimination. I mean hindu-muslim divide. Classic, and the mirrored one remains through vague impressions about society and culture as a gulit borrowed by the mother. The spirit of commoditisation and prototyping the female population shall continue..It is okay, we might get yet another way to peep into the burqua what lies within or by paying 300 show that we fear them as they fear us.

2.. Isn't the fertiliser of corruption pre-mixed in the soil wherin these 'holy' seeds of sensitisation are borne?
Who are the people most likely to enroll in this scheme before literacy level shoots up? Are they supporters of congress idealogy?
What is the big deal. Girls being western educated can preach the same idealogy to her children, this gendering her is not discrimination, not on religious grounds, at least! A wonderful way to break arabic code, and to build a trustworthy minority elite.
At least muslim women-men divide would widen bringing them under control. Those who would encash it without paying a cent. Educated muslims. Instead why not attack more aggressively dowry, gender roles at home, organise adult education classes, health checkup, or sensitisation agressively, involving more women in social roles. The idea of a nation-machoist education coupled by a beurgeoise setup of mind is indeed captivating, then we can have more jobless graduates or well more jobs at your own terms, less religion strays away from it.. Moreover there would be more competition among muslims who are becoming too hot to handle, once given this VIP treatment.

Ok I am an Indian and a tax payer. Whatever happens to it's markets or exchequer affects me as well. I am a Hindu and am a bit uncomfortable if one calls jain, Church, gurdwara and mosque goers Hindu for having once bathed in the Ganges. But as far as the society is concerned I cant let any person die, Sati, Tarannum or Rizwaanur. Jokes apart I do not see how educated people make such guesses except consolidate vote banks for differential treatment. A simple question for those who are working to improve plight,' What is the rate of trafficking of muslim girls In India?' What ratios between hindu rape and musli rapes. Perhaps we would then stop making sadist comments. And pardon me, where is the difference between a muslim girl and a hindu girl? Ok not men! Getting an answer I would leave Rs 300 of mine, rather mind my own business. No not open a bank for Muslims, am I a dog that waters it's mouth every time it sees flesh? The government can not
 create jobs and I wouldn't reproduce at Rs 300 either. Why if possible not erradicate poverty all together? Cash Dump have their own logic and implications and for altruism, they are biggest failure, as what was with consumers yesterday shall lie in hands of producers tomorrow! I'd throw a booze party and live a happy man! Perhaps that would encourage some to give me all the pleasures I deserve!