[Reader-list] plight of the muslim women and appeasement

subhrodip sengupta sub_sengupta at yahoo.co.in
Sat May 23 19:38:47 IST 2009

Dear all,
         Do you believe in the effectiveness of such policies? A more fundamental question to ask would be the effects of such a policy.
A> Does a boy usually marry a girl more educated than him?
b> What is the average marriage age of Girls, ok Muslim Girls in our country. Even in towns, cities etc., my experience is that after Class 12. What does education mean after that, if one has a kid( no accounts of heroism please!)?
c> After free education what does a transfer signify? IS it just to increase demand for government education sans adding value?
d> Depends on the answer to b> If education does not create gender equality, is it being used to create varied disparity. The Value mothers add to home as housewifes is being dimminished. So education is now required to even run a dhaba, for tourism or what? UNproductive Education!

Thus I conclude that this process will evebtually substitute & justify various forms of disparities, and except a transfer of Income, in effect is half-hearted. I have seen school going children working to substitute Income. Will transfers stop it? NO. Then what are the Desired effects? Sad that some people do not see why the Swan presents food to the jackal in a certain way!