[Reader-list] Be the Change - Come Alive Event, Oct 2, Bombay or Pune

Chandni Parekh chandni.parekh at gmail.com
Mon Sep 14 11:44:38 IST 2009

Read the mail from NGO Akanksha at
http://chandni.posterous.com/be-the-change-come-alive-event-oct-2-bombay-o*

Excerpts:*

*The Social Leadership Program of the Akanksha Foundation and Teach for
India have arranged a special programme to celebrate the 140th birth
anniversary of the Mahatma. A unique morning of doing, of meeting others, of
discovering ways to come alive for a cause. Let’s all COME ALIVE!***

**Here is how it works:
**

*1.    **By the 21st of September, choose an activity you are passionate
about and sign up for the day...
*

*3.    **Invite activity “experts” to join your group, inform Mansi about
them. For example, if you are passionate about art, dance or theatre, an
expert dancer, artist or actor.  *

*6.    **Spend the next few hours doing what excites you. Step out of your
comfort zone, and interact with people you don’t usually spend time with.
Have fun and make it a meaningful experience for everyone.*

*7.    **End with an hour-long reflection led by your group facilitator.*

*How are our leaders at SLP coming alive???*

“Playing with colors..That what makes me come alive”

– Shirajul

“We want to sing to our hearts content and come alive”

– Naheeda & Sangeeta

“Football...Playing football especially in the rain...that should make me
come alive”

- Dheeraj

“Getting lost in my favorite book..I will come alive “

 -Subhangi

* *