[Reader-list] FW: ATTEMPT OF TARNISHING GUJARAT IMAGE

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Tue Apr 13 21:05:06 IST 2010

Well said Anupam. You are not answerable to me or anyone, but stating what
you did in the last mail is important for the sake of discussions to get our
point across, I feel.

And Rajen jee, it was a shoe thrown by a journalist (even if a Sikh one)
which forced the Congress to state that Jagdish Tytler and Sajjan Kumar
would not contest elections. The media was then not active and has not
covered it simply because in 1984 there was only one state channel,
Doordarshan. Today those issues must be covered. And those issues to an
extent have been covered by today's media. The fact is that if this same
media had existed then and Rajiv Gandhi would have been forced to appear
before a SIT, as someone said, Narendra Modi and his band of goons and
cohorts would never have had the courage to perpetrate violence on the
innocent people of Gujarat.

Besides, I don't feel proud in killing and raping innocents, as I simply
don't think that's an act of pride. But then when someone states that Modi
should also believe in the same or asks him as to why doesn't he condemn it,
he says it is an act to defame Gujarat. What about defaming India, which he
did convincingly before the entire world, going by his argument?

Anyways, image and image building is an exercise only for the politicians. I
feel we should bother about the people whose rights have been trampled
upon.  Let's concentrate on that instead, be it Delhi or Bhagalpur, Bombay
or Gujarat.

Rakesh