[Reader-list] Fairness Cream and 10000 US$

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Sun Aug 1 23:36:58 IST 2010

Fairness Cream and hidden 10000 billion US dollors.

Yesterday, there was some conundrum at the Jhil Mil Metro station. The
Rickshwalla told me about how a policewalla hit a rickshawalla with a
danda (rod ) on his shoulder. He was bleeding profusely and was taken
to hospital after some spontaneous protest by other rickshawallas. He
was happy that the policewalla was suspended. I am not sure if he will
action against him will be taken. May be I am too pessimistic.

 	He told me on my way towards home that how the Policewallas abuse us
all the time, and don’t dare to ask anything to Carwallas who occupy
most of roads all the time. He was wondering why they do it to us,
since they are more similar to us than Carwallas.   He kept on turning
his bony sanwalla (dark chocklate complexioned) face while narrating
other details of the day.

I was listening to him like Arjuna of Mahabharata. In the great Myth
it is the Lord himself as charioteer who answered the questions of
fighter Arjuna sitting behind him on the seat with a teerkaman ( bow
and arrow ) unlike me with mobile in hand and jholla ( bag ) on the
shoulder ), listening the simple questions without any answers in
sight.  There was some white mucous in the corner of his eyes, which
was too visible because of his sanwala complexion.

Later, the mind as usual, after taking strange routes, I thought of
recent Ram JethMalani ( the noted Criminal Lawyer in the country ) who
said that there are at least 10000 Billion US dolloars in Swiss and
other Western Banks which politicians and Babus (Bureaucrats )  have
siphoned out of the country over the years. He was thinking that with
some other saner people ( I hope not lawyers ) to find ways to bring
some fraction of money back. He sounded too optimistic, as lawyers are
when they take up cases which often they clandestinely keep dragging
for decades, adding vows to the petitioners.  There must be some
seduction in the West which attracts our sanwalla ‘politicians’ and
‘babus’ to the  clean West, I was wondering about the real reasons
behind.

Then I thought of the fairness cream which is promoted vigorously by
numerous advertisements all over the country , and I thought some
vague connection between the fairness cream and the chemicals which
are used to make vegetables look more greener than they otherwise are.
We want lush green ‘parmal’ and more green Peas, and more golden
Papayas and more red Capsicum. These days the size also matters. We
desire a big kheera on the dinner table each evening ,and the farmers
are expected to meet our demands. Lo and behold, they inject some
cheap chemicals to increase the size of each kheera ( cucumber ).  Lot
of hard work, but they need some quick money to buy mobiles and other
things. No solid reasons to blame the farmers.

Here I thought about the theatre, and how actors use masks to play the
character. Then I thought about the quantum of masked realities we are
surrounded with. Here I had a quick nap and saw a dream about a bomb
blast which was about to blow lot of people to bits.  I was inside the
building but there was a screen which flashed the possibility of blast
in advance, and we all had to rush out quickly but somehow we were too
lazy. I woke up to go out to buy some medicine for my son’s acidic
stomach. Gosh, I remember, how a friend retailer told me about the
quantity of fake medicines sold in our country. It is much less than
the money stashed abroad, but too large by Indian standards.  What a
shitty country I am in, I thought. I too must go to Europe and live
there happily. But first I must send my son to study there and ensure
that he is settled. I wish I was a rich Babu to buy a small two room
set for my son in London or Paris for couple of few Million Euros.
India  somehow promotes such a trend and  certainly I will be
supported to raise large loans from the bank and never pay them back.

Aren’t most of the Indian Billionaires, whose children are settled
abroad, who are in deep nexus with Govt and are biggest defaulters in
our country thinking of fair skin all the time.  There must be
something about the West, and no wonder that most of the Indians keep
on looking at meems ( white women ) all the time on the streets.  I
think of fairness cream and 10000 US billion dollors.

Oh, I forgot to tell  you when I went out to buy medicine, I saw the
Monsoon party going on in the corridor of my DDA flat. Thousands of
butterflies and small insects around a hanging six inch electric rod
and few chipkaleez (lizards ) devouring them very peacefully. I stay
still let see swollen bellies of chiplakaleez.

And on the roads, I saw how a dog, perhaps suffering from Rabies
disease was driven out of the colony by other local dogs.  He will be
driven from each colony and finally would be alone, perhaps near a
huge city garbage heap to die listlessly. I am too far from his pain,
watching some Hollywood stuff: some actor is lost in a vast sea in a
small boat. Who cares to know about the beginning and end of the
story.

With love
is