[Reader-list] Kashmir Comes to Jantar Mantar

Lalit Ambardar lalitambardar at hotmail.com
Mon Aug 9 14:09:42 IST 2010

‘Truth’ appears to be the sole prerogative of those who promote & support the proponents of Azadi- Bara –e- Islam (freedom through Islam) in Kashmir. ‘Agent provocateurs’ can only prolong the agony of Kashmiris by their continued condoning of the extremist religious fervour that inspires the separatism in Kashmir. For them  reports of calls for jihad in Kashmir are just ‘lies’ while the jihadi ranting  at Jantar Mantar right in the heart of the capital of India is only an ‘aberration’. The visible contempt in the propaganda ‘report’ on the ‘Jeshn’ at Jantar Mantar for a ‘small group’ of protesting Kashmir Hindu Pandits rendered refugees in their own country post their ethnic cleansing in Kashmir at the hands of kashmiri pan Islamists two decades ago speaks it all about the ‘truthfulness’ of the ‘sympathisers’. Let it be known, Kashmiri Hindu Pandits who have suffered persecution ever since the advent of Islam in Kashmir in middle ages resulting in their numbers having been reduced from a majority to an ‘insignificant’ (in numbers) minority in their very place of origin, will never have a common cause with those who want to resurrect brute medievalism in Kashmir that was once regarded as the vale of ‘rishis’-the saints.

On the one hand you run the propaganda campaigns through films like ‘Jashne Azadi’ to project the leadership of the Kashmiri Jihadists including those terror commanders who deserve to be tried for crimes against humanity & whose political makeover was facilitated by the ‘sympathisers’ & on the other you want to tell the world that the current turmoil is lead by none. Agreed, as usual the ‘leaders’ get themselves detained to enjoy the state hospitality while the gullible Kashmiris are exhorted to defy the very state & die in the name of religion. Sixty Kashmiris got killed two years ago when the storms was raised over building of temporary facilities for Amarnath pilgrims. The exhortation then was that the ‘demography’ of Kashmir was being planned by creating ‘Hindu habitations’ over those inhabitable Himalayan heights. Battle for leadership amongst the Jihadists was played in full view of public the streets of Kashmir then.
Who is calling the shots amongst the separatists in Kashmir today-the grand old patriarch of Azadi- Bara –e- Islam (freedom through Islam)-final call came & stone pelting has stopped at least for a while. But unfortunately only after scores of young were made to lose their lives. It is a shame that young children & ladies are used as ‘human shields’ by the anarchists. It is a shame that the sympathies are garnered at the cost of young lives lost. But then who cares for the blood of an ordinary Kashmiri.
Talking about plebiscite, UNO itself considers it outdated now. Yet the UN precondition for that being that Pakistan has to first withdraw its occupying forces from POK ( yes, it may be shocking but UN regards Pakistan & not India as the ‘occupier’),yet we never heard about  AK47 wielding zealots marauding in POK nor do we know about any stone pelting in the streets of Muzafrabad.
Pakistan will continue to use Kashmiris in the name of religious ‘brotherhood’ through its cronies in Kashmir in its proxy war against India to bleed it.

Rgds all
LA