[Reader-list] The Deception of the Indian Liberal Discourse on Kashmir

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Thu Aug 19 08:04:10 IST 2010

Wow Indeed!

I think the issue has now degenerated into what one does know of Kashmir or
Kashmiriyat, as also of corporates.

Firstly, all of you are either going to point to articles on Kashmir or
Kashmiriyat to specify what it is, unless of course you have lived there and
may be willing to share your experiences with us. How do I know if the
articles you send are to be trusted or not?

Secondly, Mani jee, where are the corporates involved? Is the Hurriyat a
corporate? Is Sangh Parivar a corporate? Are the political parties
themselves corporates? At least specify which are the corporates involved in
this problem?

Frankly, all this Kashmiriyat business for me is bullshit. I don't want to
know whether it existed or not. This seems to me like that another dubious
creation of our nation, namely, Unity in Diversity. I do see that everyday:

Tamils abusing North Indians for not preparing good South Indian food,
Kannadigas having a volley of abuse at Tamils, Kerala people telling that
they are better than Tamils, North Indians coming to Chennai (living in IIT
Madras) wanting Tamilians to live like (and be open like) North
Indians.....the list is endless

Rakesh