[Reader-list] Panun Kashmir makes a good case for a gag on the national media.

Kamal Hak kamalhak at gmail.com
Tue Aug 31 13:45:44 IST 2010

Dear Shuddha,
I am amused at the naivety of your interferences. But I appreciate your
concern for the freedom of expression. I am glad you have associated Panun
Kashmir with hard core nationalist position. Though it is terribily out of
fashion to say so on this forum, but I am sure hundreds and thousands of
Panun Kashmir supporters within the Kashmiri Pandits and outside would be
immensely proud of being nationalists to the core. However, that is not the
point I want to make here. I am impressed by your anti-Panun Kashmir
articulation here as it indicates your serious research into its
agenda, programmes and activities. I would highly appreciate if you could
enlighten us with some hard core researched facts about Panun Kashmir. I am
sure it would of great help to people like me and of interest to many on
this list. And in order to avoid any confusions, let me make it clear I am a
displaced Kashmiri  who fled Kashmir in April 1990 after repeatedly being
declared a Mukhbir from a neighbourhood mosque. It is a different matter
though in future the list might declare my flight from Kashmir a result of a
delusion or momentary bout of schizophrenia, which makes a person hear
voices when none exist. After all, wasn't it in your presence recently at
Janpath that I was told Jagmohan threw me out. Since you chose to remain
silent on the insinuation indicates your concurrence with the suggestion. It
also creates doubts in me. How come the people, essentially consisting of
post 1990 generation, know about the person responsible for my exodus while
I continue to be unaware about that? I must admit and it is normal human
phenomenon, people generally build conviction on perceptions which may not
be essentially correct. I, like many of us, have also build a conviction
regarding Panun Kashmir based on certain perceptions. Our perceptions could
be wrong and I am willing to correct those. I hope you will assist me in
doing so by enlightening me on facts about Panun Kashmir.

Regards,

Kamal Hak

--
Kamal Hak