[Reader-list] Participate in a Survey on Rights-Based Social Work Practice

Chandni Parekh chandni.parekh at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 22:34:50 IST 2010

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Haresh Dalvi <hbdalvi at umail.iu.edu>
Date: 4 February 2010
Subject: Rights - Based Social Work Practice: A Survey

Hi Chandni,

If you can, please circulate this invitation to as many social workers as
you can. I will be very grateful to you if you could help me in some way for
this. As this is snow-ball sampling, it would be appropriate to forward this
email / invitation letter to the potential participants. Or if you know such
social workers, their e-groups, kindly let me know.

I am a social work student at Indiana University School of Social work,
Indiana, USA. I am from Mumbai and have joined this program in August 2008.

Please find my invitation to participate in the survey as follows.

Thanking you,

Sincerely,

Haresh
------

Dear Social Worker:

You are hereby invited to participate in my research study through an online
survey. By means of your social work practice, you are helping people in
difficult life situations. While doing this work, you may come across
different methods and approaches in social work practice. The Rights-Based
Approach (RBA) to social work practice is one of these methods. The purpose
of this survey is to understand whether and how social workers in India are
applying RBA in their practices.

In India, the people involved in social work practice come from various
educational backgrounds. They may be trained in social work as a discipline,
or they may be trained in fields like journalism, law, sociology, medicine,
engineering, and so on. Considering such variety, and irrespective of your
educational background or level, you are eligible to respond to this survey
if you are involved in social work practice in any in India way. The
information given by you can be of immense importance because we expect that
the study will provide insight and a practical level of understanding for
applying RBA to social work practice. Therefore your opinions are very
important.

This is an online survey written in English. Please find 10 minutes in your
busy schedule to complete the questionnaire. Your responses will be kept
completely confidential, and no information of any personal nature will be
asked. In addition to providing your responses, you may choose to send this
invitation and survey link to other social workers (irrespective of their
educational backgrounds) so that they may also have an opportunity to
participate.

Please find the link to reach the survey questionnaire at (
http://www.surveymonkey.com/s/rbaswp).

Your participation is voluntary, so you have the right to decline to take
part in this study. If you choose to participate, please note that you are
free to skip any question for which you do not feel comfortable in providing
an answer, and note that you can withdraw from the study at any time.

If you have any query regarding this study, please feel free to contact me,
Haresh Dalvi, (hbdalvi at iupui.edu), or my advisor, Dr. Hea-Won Kim (
heakim at iupui.edu).

We look forward to your participation and thank you in advance for your time
and cooperation.

Sincerely,

Haresh Dalvi, MSW

PhD Student

Indiana University School of Social Work

902 W. New York St., ES 4138

Indianapolis, IN 46202, USA.