[Reader-list] all militants should be treated equally

Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com
Sat Jul 17 23:40:08 IST 2010

Javed ji,
it is observed on regular basis, on this list, you are leading light when it
comes to "defending' the terror accused if they happen to be followers of
one faith, which is supposed to be "minority" in India, but is spread all
over the world with second highest numerical strength only to christianity.
Amusing and noteworthy issue is no hindu supports any terror acts of the so
called "hindu terror' even when investigations are overstretched, narco
tests are repeatedly conducted, and respond by posting" the let the
investigations reveal the facts."
If a few talk of any irregularity in the investigations, many ids
immediately jump to justify the wrongs with "communal" rhetorics as if islam
and christian terror is NOT communal, perpetretated by very fanatics of
those communities, and our secular hindus join petitions, marches and
protests for the terror accused in custody as if they have some sort of
special sympathy for the accused terror perpetrators.!
That a news channel, which has practically no viewership is stooping so low
to accuse and allege about a organisation is but visuals are so amatuer that
an average computer techinician can do much better work than the visuals
shown on the "special ' investigation of this channel is not missed by
citizens. Also after all men and women are also from society, where greed
plays major role in all media activities of partisan reportage, support of
oldest party for such acts is not missed by citizens.
At the same time, media seems to be keeping a very low profile in its
"special investigation" of the support, violence of TMC in west bengal, role
of TMC in violence, cadre violence between cadres of TMC and CPI (M) is not
missed by citizens, also the role of media in this reportage.
Ofcourse the thehelka and its misadventure with political funding in the
"expose' is another story to be wondered at as they seem to have special
love for a political party where crores are bribes, not lakhs. All said and
done, media men and women are also humans with all the negative attributes
of greed, aspirations to be celebrities, and ofcourse who can forget the
awards to the celebrities who anchored 24 times a day during the elections
"genocide" while overlooking over three thousand deaths in Delhi riots.?
That media men and women are just as ordinary mortals with little ethics and
morals is not much in doubt when the entire lot joins hands to shield the
guilty partisan reporters, as birds of the same feathers flock together in
every walk of life, be it doctors, judges or babus and politicians.!All this
partisan reportage reflects the rot in society as in the last twent four
hours, there has been two violent/ partial violent attacks on men and women
of media or the offices of media. this again shows the intolerence of the
citizens for the "freedom" when used as license for propaganda for gains by
media, for padmashree awards for its "story reporting"
Rajdeep achieved a new benchmark in shrill reporting and Arnab had the
polish of being humble demeneour in his vitriolic talks as anchor,Barkha,
the weeping baby of reportage has made it more of journalism of weeping
anchors.! All thse get celeb status while those in print media do not even
get the recognition truely they deserve for the untiring honest, credible,
verified reportage, ofcourse the guilty have shekhar Gupta showing the way
to be "nice' in obtaining personal gains.
In democracy media is often referred as fourth pillar of good governance,
but visual media has distinguished itself as partisan, sensation seeking,
trp driven bunch of scoundrels just like the political leaders.A degree in
some faculty ans a mass communication does not make one "journalist" if he
is not credible and uses technology to fudge with facts as we see today in
media houses in visual media.
It does not , thus surprise anyone, when "journalists" atleast some of them
end up as criminals blackmailing the rich, patronised by political paties to
propagate percieved ills of the Opposing parties.How many channels have
truely reported the voting on N-deal with money power by the honest prime
minister, what happened to the sting of another channel which claims the
"first" in reportage.?
When citizens loose their faith in media for their acts , commissions and
ommissions, goons in society are at work, again for personal gains.After
friday prayers, emotionally charged vandals destroying the public property
is as bad as the violence , verbal assault of men and women of media, as
tolerence diminishes, it is imperative that the public life of these men and
media is also stinged and exposed as to why they stoop to such low level of
yellow "journalism"
regards
rajen

--