[Reader-list] "57 Pakistani Hindus convert to Islam 'under pressure'"

Rajendra Bhat Uppinangadi rajen786uppinangady at gmail.com
Sun Jun 13 17:50:12 IST 2010

Kshemendra,
it does not surprise me or anyone who is practical in life, very few have
remained un touched by the circumstances when they live in society where the
faith plays major role in daily life, not rule of laws. in India, it is the
divided majority which has tolerence for the faiths, even athiesm to have
their freedom to the way of life. But past shows us clearly, when mughal
rulers ruled, many changed faith to suit the rulers and to be in good books
of rulers. The same was true when british ruled the nation, as many
converted to the faith to get lands for Bible society, schools and missions,
and the issue to be noted is not even a single convert went against the
brtish, but now they are the coterie of rulers with Sonia.!
Many who did not wish to convert left the place of birth and migrated to
places where they could persue their life with their faith.Kashmiris who did
not want to change faith had to flee when azans were used to persecute the
non believers.But no temple did call for the persecution of the non
followers.!Hindu way of life is tolerent but very few exceptions.
regards,
rajen.

--
Rajen.