[Reader-list] Gujarat DCP shoots Muslim inspector twice in mockanti-terror drill

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Fri Mar 19 15:12:08 IST 2010

Dear Anupam ji (and others)

I read your explanation and would just say, that from my experience, it's
difficult (though not impossible) for me to say that people can change
permanently going by just words. What Sarai does is for people to express
their views and hear others' arguments. And who knows, one may realize that
one's perspective was flawed and change it.

What I meant in all these mails is this (and this message is for all,
including you and even me): Why not first generate light and then generate
heat? And even in heat generation, the extent of heat generated petrifies
me, as if people would just indulge in violence if given the chance to do
so.

That's what I hope can be toned down. Otherwise differences are always
there, and they should be welcome.

Rakesh