[Reader-list] JKCCS Appeal to United Jehad Council, Indian Army and Police

Lalit Ambardar lalitambardar at hotmail.com
Tue May 4 17:40:44 IST 2010

Alas, this ‘spirit’ was missing when the macabre dance of death & destruction was played on the streets of Kashmir by AK-47 wielding jihadists who wore symbolic shrouds & holy inscription laden head bands……..hapless Kashmiri Hindu Pandits were selectively targeted ….…... ….subjected to ethnic cleansing. The self acclaimed civil society, then chose to describe the bravado as ‘welcome winds of change’.

Ironically the appeal is also addressed to POK based L-e-T affiliate United Jihad Council that only recently repeated the  ‘caveat’ against the Kashmiri Hindu Pandits’ return to their homeland …
..…which of course had to go unnoticed by those who seem to be now going overboard with enthusiasm over this appeal.

This is a ploy to legitimise the jihad for ‘azadi- bara- e- Islam’ (freedom through Islam) in Kashmir. Or (and) this could be an indication of some major terror strike being planned..??
Certainly, ‘civil society’ is not bothered about stone pelters even if they happen to cause casualties amongst ordinary Kashmiris. Or is UJC dried up of ammunition supplies that it intends to use now canon balls carved out of stones.

An appeal to jihadists to leave Kashmiris alone could go a long way in ameliorating the sufferings of common Kashmiris. The civil society (if it was genuinely concerned about the plight of the masses) & their sympathisers including those on this forum should explore this option too……
Rgds all
LA