[Reader-list] Kashmir’s Fruits of Discord (or a discordant arundhati roy?)

anupam chakravartty c.anupam at gmail.com
Wed Nov 10 18:54:09 IST 2010

Samvit,

Raking up an issue about Bodos in this public fora without knowing that
Bodos are the indigenous people in Assam suffering neglect and exploitation
in hands of Assamese as well as other settlers is tragic. Do you know
security forces have killed thousands over the years for those demanded
Bodoland for themselves? What do you know about the Bodoland issue? How come
Bodos also killed the so called Bangladeshis encroaching their lands? This
issue was raised in forum a year back about Muslim camps hosting a Pakistani
flag when riots broke out between Bodos and Muslims near Barpeta.

Please stop using identatitarian issues for your narrow gains in debate at a
public forum. your comparitive analysis doesnt dilute the topic that is
being discussed here.

anupam