[Reader-list] Wikileaks and the End of America!

TaraPrakash taraprakash at gmail.com
Mon Oct 25 09:14:11 IST 2010

Well, actually it is not only Iraqis there are many Afghanis who don't want US to leave. The leaders of the colonial power are looking for an excuse to leave but some people want to remain "colonized".

Let me think why should I have a soft corner for the US. I should say though that I was part of demonstrations in Delhi that happened soon after US invasion of Iraq. I wonder what you say about the regime that the invasion brought down. Wonder where does Saddam and Iraqis stand in your "victim tyrant" "colonizer colonized" binary.

So what is in US that we should like about that country? US is one of the best democracies. I just heard a report from France where Jews still are not comfortable identifying as jews, no such problem in US. Muslims are building a mosque just next to World Trade Center, the twin towers which were "destroyed by Muslims" if you ask the majority of Americans. Jwes organizations came in support of the Mosque and Jews and Muslims pray ed together very regularly, not something you see in India or such less democratic country. A guy was about to burn Quran on the 9-11 anniversary. But there was so much public pressure from the "those who hate Islam" that the guy changed his plan.

People can speak freely in that country. No one dies of hunger. Or for his faith. IT does involve in arm twisting and can get very lethal some times. But some time it is very magnanimous. There are bullies like you in the US and they are allowed to speak freely. The right wing blogosphere stinks of bull shit, like your emails do. The right wing does not care for political correctness, as you don't. If I am replying to your worthless mail, I probably have soft corner for you. Why not then for the US? Sara Palin is the big celebrity these days in the US, but I hate her more than I hate you. However, I care nothing about you when it comes to US president.

  I can write volumes praising the democratic values in the US. I do read Chomski often and New York Times is my favorite news paper. Huffington Post is my favorite website for US related news. John Stewart's The Daily Show is my favorite TV show available on Comedy Central. I can write about what's wrong with the US, but your question had nothing to do with the bad part. Long live US and long live the freedom it offers to millions of victims who are victimized in their own countries.

  I don't think I am going to read any more of your messages sent on this list, much less respond to. My inbox stinks of bull shit as you can't keep your droppings away from the email. You like to offend and not engage. I have no desire to irrigate your ego by getting offended. Try someone else.

  Best