[Reader-list] Art Exhibition forced to shut down by Govt.

Inder Salim indersalim at gmail.com
Tue Sep 7 20:20:42 IST 2010

Dear Kshmendra ji

In a sense, you are right, who care about Art, let it go to dogs,
anyway, if we are actually so insensitive to corruption ( CWG), decay
of food grains etc,
how does it matter that art exhibitions are closed for the safety of
society. ( mostly middle class TV soap serial watchers) ,

 we should actually close down all the Art institutions in India and
hand over to religious preachers or some corporate houses which can
give them some money for buying properties abroad.

 we have perhaps lost our aesthetic sense, i am wondering even why i
posted it on the list. We have lot of anger against Hussain paintings,
but none against poor people who live under bridges. We have no desire
to engage our thinking with our 40 percent below poverty line
population. "We are hallow men, we are shallow men, head piece filled
with straw."

This country has no desire to love its own heritage ( khajuraho etc ),
its own culture, its own text on free flight ( as all ancient text ),
but what we love is territory, flag,  army and tight disciplined
bureaucracy.

We actually love ladoos, and grow pot belied, but desire for lean
blonde girls for sexual fantasy , but dont yearn to liberate ...

Mera Bharat Mahaan

love
is

--