[Reader-list] MUSLIMS WANTS TO MOVE AHEAD

Rakesh Iyer rakesh.rnbdj at gmail.com
Sat Jan 29 03:34:32 IST 2011

Sorry for this extra mail again. I just missed in the previous mail.

The subject title of this mail reads: "Muslims want to move ahead".

All people move ahead. When a person sees his wife being raped and murdered
before his own eyes, of course, with time he has to move on. He can't keep
thinking about his own wife and then decide not to eat anything at all and
die out of hunger. That is only possible in very rare cases.

But that does not mean the quest for justice should be thrown in the
dustbin. That is where the problem lies. The person should get justice for
what happened to his wife. The perpetrators of the crime should be punished
and sent to jail. That it has not happened is the biggest achievement of
Narendra Modi.

And sadly, when I say that, people say, come on, move on, even if women have
been raped, even if lives have been destroyed, even if children have to
forget the fact that their parents are no more (after being burnt before
their own eyes), so what? Now the economy is growing, now we are much better
off (or some of us are at least), now there is more investment, more roads,
more ports and so on. Come on, forget justice.

Rakesh

>>> 25------------/articleshow/7336633.cms> 's silence on Vastanvi's Modi